Pediatric Group in Louisville, KY
Pediatricians Caring for the Families of Louisville, KY since 1948
As of Monday, May 11th, we are starting to screen temperatures and requiring masks of any kind (2 years and older) to anyone entering our building.
Please be aware that if you are coming in for an appointment, the nurse will meet you at the door and screen your temperature after the front desk calls you to inform you we are ready for you.
If you need to come to our office for another reason, PLEASE CALL us before walking in so we can try to help you over the phone and screen you appropriately.
The COVID-19 outbreak updates at Kaplan Barron. Listed below is what Kaplan Barron is doing to protect our patients, parents, and community.
- We are asking you to PLEASE enter in the well door or sick door, depending on your child’s appointment. We have separate doors and waiting rooms for well and sick. If you are sick, PLEASE enter in the sick side and vice-versa. Our goal and your goal is to keep our well kids well and to stop the spread of diseases!
- We are having designated well and sick exam rooms as well as well and sick doctors and nurses. Our goal with this is to prevent the spread of disease by keeping the well quarantined to certain exam rooms and areas of the building, away from sick children.
- Our check-in process has changed. You will call our office when you arrive in the parking lot. Our front desk staff will update your demographics, collect your co-pay if necessary or any balances owed. We will call you when the nurse/room is ready. Once you enter in the building through the correct well/sick door, you will be greeted by a nurse who will take you immediately to your exam room.
- If you need to come to a waiting room, we have properly social distanced our seating and removed all toys from the waiting rooms.
- Our staff is overly cautious cleaning and disinfecting patient rooms, waiting rooms, door handles, counter tops, chairs, pens, anything and everything we can wipe down.
- If you have a cough, please cover your mouth with a tissue, your shirt, or mask if available.
- If you are scheduled for a well check-up but have sick symptoms, please call our office prior to arrival to make the necessary adjustments. You will be asked to enter through the sick door because you have sick symptoms.
New hours starting June 4th. Our hours will be 9 AM – 5 PM Monday-Friday. Our phones will go on service at 5. Saturday 9 AM – 1 PM. The doctor is available on Sunday by phone only. Allergy shots are given Tuesday – Friday until 4:30.
Please limit 1 adult per appointment. The doctors and staff at KBPG hope you understand as we are trying to limit any exposure to keep our patients, parents, and staff safe during this time.
We have VERY LIMITED supplies to screen for COVID-19. To get tested, you will have to be screened by one of our physicians who will determine if the test if necessary.
We had implemented Telemedicine with limited capability before this COVID-19 outbreak but now ALL our physicians and nurse practitioner are equipped and up and running with this service! Please see below for a list of available appointments that are offered. During this time of COVID-19, we will be open to more types of appointments to keep our social distancing and everyone as safe as possible.
- Follow-up ADHD
- Follow-up anxiety
- Follow-up depression
- Follow-up lactation
- Behavior problems/temper tantrums/discipline
- Ingrown toenails
- Insect bites
- Ringworm, poison ivy
The doctors, management, and staff here at KBPG appreciate your patience during this time. It’s a learning curve for all of us but we will get through this together!
Our Board Certified Pediatricians have created a professional and caring pediatric medical home for infants, children, adolescents and their families. We provide complete pediatric and adolescent care, including allergy injections, support for asthma, evaluation and treatment related to developmental and behavioral concerns, and adolescent medicine including gynecologic care. We manage acute illness, as well as chronic medical and developmental conditions in the context of a general pediatric practice.
We emphasize a comprehensive, proactive approach to ensure healthy lives for our patients both physically and mentally. Since 1948, it has been the mission of the Kaplan Barron Pediatric Group of Louisville, KY, to make a positive difference in the lives of all children.
We welcome new patients living near the Louisville area! Please go to Forms & Policies section for insurance information.
Kaplan Barron Pediatric Group is proud to be recognized as one of the first pediatric practices in Louisville to achieve Level 3 Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition. Learn more about this achievement by clicking here!
Kaplan Barron Pediatric Group is a strong supporter of promoting a healthy and active lifestyle for children through the 5-2-1-0 Healthy Numbers for Kentucky Families initiative. Learn more about 5-2-1-0 today.